The Rev Theatre Company seeks actor/singers, age 8 – 17, to perform in its production of State Fair.
Violet — age 11. Precocious, smart, comedic actress with very dry wit and a ton of personality. Must be adept at comedy and have a keen sense of timing.
- All children must sing.
- Children must be available for all performances.
- Must be able to stay focused in a rehearsal and performance environment and take and retain direction and choreography.
- Seeking children of all ethnic backgrounds.
- Please note that our rehearsal process is short and intensive so prior stage experience and comfort in front of an audience is a plus.
- All children must sing with the piano. An accompanist will be provided. Please bring sheet music for the accompanist. Song should be approximately 16 bars in length.
Rehearsals: Daytime, July 23 – August 4. A typical rehearsal day is 10 AM – 6:30 PM, but please note, children’s schedules will be flexible – your child will not be called for that full period of time for rehearsals.
Performances: August 5 – 26
You can find the full performance schedule and more information about the show here.
R+H’s only musical written directly for the screen is now a Broadway musical! Set against the colorful backdrop of an American heartland tradition, State Fair travels with the Frake family as they leave behind the routine of the farm for three days of adventure at the annual Iowa State Fair. Mom and Pop have their hearts set on blue ribbons while their daughter and son find romance and heartbreak on the midway. Featuring your favorite R+H songs and an Academy Award-winning score, plus spectacular choreography and a dollop of Americana, State Fair is a nostalgic kind of warm-hearted family entertainment only Rodgers & Hammerstein could deliver!
Auditions will be held March 14th, from 10 AM to 1 PM.
Please note: Auditions from 10 AM to 11:30 AM are FULL!
Location: 17 William Street,
Auburn, NY, 13021
Local Kid Audition Signups are now closed! Thank you for your interest.