Or call the Box Office:
315.255.1785 / 1.800.457.8897
The PiTCH provides a forum for musicals in their earliest stages of development.
Imagine sitting in an intimate, cabaret-style theater in the early 1940s, sipping a glass of wine, watching Richard Rodgers, Oscar Hammerstein and Agnes de Mille present a workshop of OKLAHOMA! Imagine being able to give direct feedback to those Broadway giants that would prove vital to the development of their show.
Now imagine doing that today, with the next generation of composers, writers, and lyricists.
Welcome to The PiTCH.
The PiTCH provides a forum for musicals in development and offers audiences a very unique theatrical experience: the chance to witness and participate in the development of a brand new musical. Musicals are selected from a pool of applicants each year. Each musical creative team is provided with a week-long residency at the Festival, located in Auburn, N.Y.
On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of each week, the creative team ‘pitches’ their material to audiences in our 80-seat converted carriage house, Theater Mack – behind the Cayuga Museum. These works-in-progress are not fully staged productions. Rather, the writers themselves deliver a condensed presentation of their new musicals, which may include scenes, songs, and choreography. Each presentation is approximately an hour long.
Afterward, the audience and creative team engage in active dialogue about the piece and the process. Audiences are encouraged to provide their thoughts and opinions. This experience affords each creative team the ability to consider feedback and gain valuable insight into their show-in-development.
Don’t just witness the birth of the next mega hit, be a part of it! Purchase your PiTCH Pass today!
Doors open an hour before each performance!
So come enjoy a glass of wine or beer and refreshments before the show starts!
Individual Show Tickets $20, but PiTCH often? Get a PiTCH Pass! A PiTCH Pass provides the ability to see all five 2017 Season PiTCH productions and pay only $50!
* Indicates Talkbacks § Indicates Signed Performances
The PiTCH has fostered 47 new musicals in the past four years!
- Find Your Way Home – Book, Music, and Lyrics by: James Kelly and Jeff Strange
- Goodbye, Dali – Book, Music, and Lyrics by: Jason Wooten
- The Odysseus Agreement – Book, Music, and Lyrics by: Jean Rohe
- Skin and Bones – Book by: Andrew Kramer, Music and Lyrics by: Ben Clark
- Emma Dare – Book, Music, and Lyrics by: Ben Feuer
- The Girl Who – By: Scott Gilmour and Claire McKenzie
- Funny Face
- Sunset City – Book by Wade Dooley, Music by Bobby Cronin, Lyrics by Bobby Cronin and Brett Teresa
- Relativity – Book & Lyrics by Michael Ruby, Music and Lyrics by Rob Rokicki
- Stealing Time – Book, Music and Lyrics by Tor Hyams & Lisa Rothauser
- Scarlet – Adapted by: Michelle Horgen
- Off the Wall – Book by Danny Abosch & Sarah Rebell, Music by Danny Abosch, Lyrics by Sarah Rebell
- Careless Love:A Down Home Musical – Book, Music, and Lyrics by Ryan G. Dunkin
- The Remarkable Journey of Prince Jen – Book and Lyrics by Lezlie Wade, Music by Dan Green
- Freewheelers – Written by Rachel Alderman and A Broken Umbrella Theatre Ensemble, Music and Lyrics by Chrissy Gardner
- On the Air – Book and Lyrics by Cristina Farruggia & Robert Farruggia, Music by Robert Farruggia
- Learning How to Drown – Book & Lyrics by Patricia Noonan, Music by Amanda Jacobs
- Mitzvah – Book, Music & Lyrics by David Hein and Irene Sankoff
- Matchmaker, Matchmaker: I’m Willing to Settle – Music & Lyrics by Brandon James Gwinn, Book by Kelvin Moon Loh & Nikki MacCallum
- Legends and Lore – Book by Drew Silverstein & Madeline Myers, Music & Lyrics by Madeline Myers
- Ten: The Story of Grace and Joe – Book & Lyrics by Kathleen Wrinn, Music by Kathleen Wrinn & Brad Kemp, Additional Music by Jessica A. Hunt
- Beautiful Dreamer: The Stephen Foster Musical – Book and Libretto by David Lewis Newman, Music & Lyrics by Stephen Collins Foster
- One October Midnight – Music by Brian & Erin Schey, Book & Lyrics by Thom Bishop —Update! Featured at Auburn Public Theatre Halloween Production 2013
- Pump N’ Go – Book by Robin McDonald & Corinne Aquilina, Music & Lyrics by Corinne Aquilina, Additional Material by Bruce Warren
- The Take – Script by Hesse Caplinger, Songs by Jon Brown & Johnny McMurtry
- The Coincidentals – Music & Lyrics by Matt Patrick Walsh, Book by Emma Jeszke
- Love on Ice – Book by Bill Nabel, Music by Jeffrey Lodin, Lyrics by Bill Nabel & William Squier
- Flambé Dreams – Book & Lyrics by Matthew Hardy, Music by Randy Klein
- Eulogy – Book by Rachel Carrozziere, Music & Lyrics by Annie Lash
- Neurosis: The Musical – Book by Allan Rice, Music by Ben Green, Lyrics by Greg Edwards
- Off With Her Maidenhead – Book & Lyrics by Amy Claussen, Music by James Rushin
- Blood and Fire – Book & Lyrics by Jeffrey Couchman, Music by Lisa Heffter
- The Life of a Mob Wife: A Mafia Comedy – Book, Music and Lyrics by Michael Mott
- Star Child – Book by Jennifer Stafford, Music by John Freilich, Lyrics by Sarah Underwood
- Chez Morgan – Book & Lyrics by W. Joseph Matheson, Music by Logan Medland
- Non-Equity the Musical – Book & Lyrics by Danielle Trzcinski, Music by Paul D. Mills
- Salamander Leviathan – Book by Krista Knight, Music by Barry Brinegar
- The Age of Innocence – Book & Lyrics by Ted Kociolek and Walter Holland, Music by Ted Kociolek
- That Time We Found a Sasquach in the Woods – Book by Nichole Jackson, Music by Scotty Arnold, Lyrics by Brandon Michael Lowden
- Billionaire Vegans – Book & Lyrics by Linda Britt, Music by Colin Britt
- SLaM: The Hockey Rock Opera – Book & Lyrics by Lauren Walker, Music by Lauren Walker and Nancy Taube
- Gathering Blue – Book by Richard Hellesen, adapted from Lois Lowry, Music by Michael Silversher, Lyrics by Joy Sikorski
- Gettysburg – Book, Music & Lyrics by Jim & Deborah Schmitt
- Blindsided by a Diaper – Book by William Squier and Dana Hilmer, Music by Jeffrey Lodin, Lyrics by William Squier
- Benny the Baboon – Book by Molly Reynolds, Music by Natalie White, Additional Lyrics by Stephen Reynolds and David St. Louis
- Joni Loves Mitchell – Book, Music and Lyrics by Logan Medland
- Motherhood Defined – Book & Lyrics by Stacie Morgain Lewis, Music by Ben Cohn